Old September 28th 07, 06:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Lighting Blackwall Tunnel

"John Rowland" wrote in message
tim..... wrote:
"stuart noble" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm concerned about the lighting in the underpass just before the
tunnel coming south. At around 17.00 when the sun is shining I find I
can see nothing for a couple of seconds until my eyes have adjusted,
so I have to grit my teeth and pray there isn't a queue in the
underpass.

I though that they had light outside the tunnel presisely to
stop a queue forming in the tunnel.

He's talking about the underpass beneath the A13, not the tunnel beneath
the river. And traffic light is so that the traffic joining from the A13
won't crash into through traffic from the A102.

Oh

(It's also the reason why the Dartford bridge was built as
the southbound lanes)

Huh?

As the toll booths are on the south side, a tail back
at the booths will queue onto the bridge and not into
the tunnel

tim