Old September 29th 07, 11:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Lack of available trains

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
In article ,
(Peter Lawrence) wrote:

According to the latest Modern Railways SWT will have to fit their
trains with tripcocks and other LU devices if they wish to continue
using the Wimbledon line. I find it surprising that LU can dictate
this.

Are they planning to resignal it? The present signalling isn't that old.

The SSL signalling is definitely being upgraded (theoretically as part of
PPP), but this could consist of anything from 100% resignalling to
controlling existing signals from new control rooms.

What is interesting is that my understanding of the Putney Wimbledon
transfer seems to have been wrong, because apparently the stations, track
and signalling must have been dealt with as 3 different transfers, in the
case of the signalling, yet to happen? Complicated aint it...

Paul