Old October 2nd 07, 11:31 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Great Northern inner surburban services - London travelwatchreponse to RUS

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007, Mwmbwls wrote:

On 2 Oct, 07:30, wrote:

"London TravelWatch considers that this should be done as soon as
possible, and we understand that S106 money may be obtainable as a
contribution to such a scheme."

S106 = Arsenal pays.

It is also clearly absurd not to provide enhanced facilities at Drayton
Park for travelling supporters, especially given the huge expanse of
derelict land (the former LT depot) by the station. But don't expect
AFC to pay - why should they?-

The section 106 issue concerning Arsenal's contribution has already
been fixed when planning permission was granted.

But i think the money has already been spent on improvements to Finsbury
Park and Highbury & Islington. Although i don't know if all of it has been
spent - enough was agreed for improvements to Holloway Road, and that
would have been a lot, more than has been spent at FP and H&I, i think, so
that might still be available.

Also, as you quote:

At least £500,000 will be spent on station improvements, and if it
proves viable to extend train services later in the evenings and on
weekends, then up to £2million will be made available.

It sounds like some of the money is contingent on improvements in service,
so it couldn't have been touched by the FP and H&I works.

I should drop an email to TfL or something.

tom

--
**** bitches, you know how I swang. I gets my cinna-on at the
Cinna-bon. -- K-Real