Old October 2nd 07, 07:23 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul G Paul G is offline

Default Great Northern inner surburban services - London travelwatch reponse to RUS

In message , Kevin Ashley
writes
But Clive's figures only apply to Moorgate - WGC. The original document
was also talking about the Moorgate - Hertford North route, where the
trains usually start from either Stevenage or Letchworth. The saving there
may be even greater. (And now I understand why I often see one of
these units running empty on the down slow at Stevenage in the
mornings.)

I've been on (a selection of) the contra-flow trains and they are
surprisingly empty [1] but it's certainly not convenient and definitely
frustrating.

Back in the early 90s the trains used to go out of service back at
Moorgate (now I am reminded by another poster that they run in service
back to Finsbury Park); I strongly suspect they've been tweaked to
create the maximum service possible with current stock levels.

[1] various locations on route do offer employment outside of London!
--
Paul G
Typing from Barking