Old October 3rd 07, 04:26 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Great Northern inner surburban services - London travelwatchreponse to RUS

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007, MIG wrote:

On Oct 2, 9:42 pm, "Clive D. W. Feather" cl...@on-the-
train.demon.co.uk wrote:
In article , Mark Brader
writes

How much time does that save over running in service?
12.5 minutes.
[Moorgate to WGC: 46 minutes in service, 33.5 minutes ECS.]
What if they ran back in service, but nonstop?

I suspect the number of passengers wanting to go end-to-end contra-peak
is tiny compared with the confusion caused by having just two or three
non-stop services in an otherwise clockface timetable.

At any time of day, I am not really clear why anyone getting on at
Moorgate wants all stations

?

Why wouldn't they? A stopping train is what you want for local journeys,
which, if anything, will be more prevalent outside the peaks, when all
those long-distance commuters are safely locked up at work.

tom

--
megaptera novae angliae, soundwork chris draper, push, pull, open, ..