Old October 3rd 07, 07:39 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mark Brader Mark Brader is offline

Default Great Northern inner surburban services - London travelwatch reponse to RUS

Tom Anderson:
How much time does that save over running in service?

Clive Feather:
12.5 minutes.
[Moorgate to WGC: 46 minutes in service, 33.5 minutes ECS.]

Mark Brader:
What if they ran back in service, but nonstop?

Clive Feather:
I suspect the number of passengers wanting to go end-to-end contra-peak
is tiny...

Maybe, but if the train has to make the trip anyway, why not earn a
bit of revenue and benefit those passengers? Anyway, my question is,
would it affect the trip time if they did?

compared with the confusion caused by having just two or three
non-stop services in an otherwise clockface timetable.

I'm not familiar with the timetable, but from what's been said in
this thread, it's already asymmetrical.
--
Mark Brader "The routes 'London' and 'not London' are
Toronto not necessarily mutually exclusive."