Old October 3rd 07, 08:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Am I the only person who likes Bendy Buses

Theres been the usual talking heads and waffle on local radio and in
the papers about getting rid of bendy buses again after another one
caught fire. Flammability aside I rather like them. They hoover up the
passengers , theres usual plenty of room , boarding is easy , they
have a nice ride and at the front are rather quiet.

A better question would be - who the hell thought double deckers were
ever a good idea? Apart from taking up less roadspace do they have a
single redeeming feature? They're difficult to board , cramped
inside , the stairs are a nightmare especially if the driver moves off
before you've finished climbing them and 2 people toppled onto you.
The top deck half the time is full of scowling youths at the back, its
low , hot in the sun and sways around a lot and you're always at risk
from a braindead driver and low bridge/tree combination. I can't stand
them.

B2003