Old October 3rd 07, 12:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Am I the only person who likes Bendy Buses

"MIG" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 3 Oct, 12:25, "tim....." wrote:
"Boltar" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Oct 3, 10:37 am, MIG wrote:

I think bendy buses are WRONG in every way, but I have actually met
one person who likes them

Ok , so what exactly is wrong with them?

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

It can't be just because they are bendy, can it?

tim

They may be ideal for airport transit in open spaces, but not for the
streets of London.

In general, buses could be a slower but more pleasant alternative to
the Underground, instead of which the slower alternative now has the
ambience of the Underground (standing in a long thing).

But more specifically

1) I almost always have to stand if I use them, because they have less
seats.

2) They add to the many hazards I face when cycling.

3) The constantly block pedestrian crossings.

4) They can't legally move into yellow box junctions that have less
than 18 m of space beyond, thereby holding up a queue of smaller
vehicles that could have done (or more likely just blocking it
anyway).

and any other bleedin obvious reasons why 18 m vehicles might not be
appropriate for the winding narrow streets of an old city.

Ah, so most of the people that you know who don't like them
are other road users and not passengers.

That is clear now.

tim