Old October 3rd 07, 12:47 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default Great Northern inner surburban services - London travelwatch reponse to RUS

In article . com, MIG
writes
That's not my question. I am saying why is it everyone getting on at
Moorgate who wants all stations and everyone getting on at Kings Cross
wants fast or semifast?

It isn't.

I can't see why there couldn't be a pattern at any time of day that
included some stopping and some less-stopping from both Moorgate and
Kings Cross.

You could do that, yes.

In this case, you don't want 313s to go too far as they aren't designed
for long distance (e.g. no toilets).

More generally, it's easier to design a robust service if each route is
consistent and you have an easy interchange, than if the two services
have to interlink. You get rather less "performance pollution".

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: