Old October 3rd 07, 02:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Am I the only person who likes Bendy Buses

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007, Boltar wrote:

Theres been the usual talking heads and waffle on local radio and in the
papers about getting rid of bendy buses again after another one caught
fire. Flammability aside I rather like them. They hoover up the
passengers , theres usual plenty of room , boarding is easy , they have
a nice ride and at the front are rather quiet.

I don't mind them. In light loads, i prefer double-deckers, because you
can sit up top and have a nice view. In heavy loads, bendies are better
because they're easier to get on and off, and they don't stop for as long.

That's with my passenger hat on, anyway. With my cyclist hat on, they're
massive obstructions, and at worst, terrifying mobile deathtraps.

A better question would be - who the hell thought double deckers were
ever a good idea? Apart from taking up less roadspace do they have a
single redeeming feature?

No, but that one feature is good enough - 50% more people in the same
area = win.

Double-decker bendies are the future, i reckon.

tom

--
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by
stupidity -- Hanlon's Razor