Old October 3rd 07, 11:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Great Northern inner surburban services - London travelwatch reponse to RUS

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 16:55:46 -0700, jonmorris wrote:

Currently the only way to run the 0136 train on Saturday
night would be to use a bus ALL the time!

Which is roughly what Silverlink do, so "can't be bothered" is
probably the explanation.

I doubt any TOC would ever schedule a service that is ALWAYS booked as
being run by a bus. Nor am I sure they would be allowed to anyway! I
mean, how could you propose to run a service when the railway isn't
available to you? I know First run buses, but imagine if all TOCs got
the idea of running buses instead of trains on a regular basis. Time
to close the railways altogether and to hell with timetables and quick
journey times.

If Silverlink are doing this then shame on them - but are there not
similar circumstances (long term engineering or a 'set in stone'
possession by Notwork Rail)?

IIRC, for a while the 0200 EUS-MKC on Saturday nights was only a train
as far as Watford Junction, where it turned into a bus, but it's now
back to being a train throughout.