Old October 4th 07, 09:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
elyob elyob is offline

Default The Drain is s***

On Oct 4, 10:01 am, elyob wrote:
On Oct 3, 6:04 pm, "Q" ..@.. wrote:

"elyob" wrote in message

roups.com...

Is there any reason as to why the Drain (Waterloo & City) is so
f***ing poor? My last three journeys in the last 36 hours have
incurred a "suspended" line. Wasn't the reason it closed down for five
months in April 06 was to make it reliable? They also have the longest
shut down at night.

Your quite right, and I have asked this question time and time again...

But when it was closed they didn't re-signal, and I'm not sure if the put in
new leeky feeder for the radios.

The last problem I had was a couple of days ago, and that was the tunnel
radio system was down - the result is trains don't run as its not safe...

While I'm at it, why do they only use one platform at the Bank end,
and why can't the ticket inspectors open the gate for "paper ticket"
customers to escape?

That depends.

We still use both in the mornings, although its more often 7.

The normal gates can be used for paper tickets? I'm not sure I understand
that part. I have a paper gold card and have no problems. What they always
do is switch the exit gates around in the evenings and change which
trav-o-lator if going up. (This is always fun when the far gates are set for
exit and the nearside trav-o-lator is going up.

As for 'inspectors' or revenue staff, the last time I saw them down there
they are always round just inside the tunnel to the central line to catch
them naughty people who don't pay to use the drain, then travel onwards to
another 'open' station.

Well, this just leads onto more questions .... why platform 7? AFAIK
there are two platforms at either end .... where did the other three
appear from to make seven?

What I meant r.e. the paper tickets, is the luggage door should be
opened up on the left for non-oyster tickets. There is such a scrum to
get out, that any extra exit space would be useful. It's happened once
or twice in the last few months, and it should be every day.

What's the timings of the trains in the morning? Is it "once there's
enough people" or is there actually a timetable. Not that it really
matters.

Ta

p.s. all well the last two journeys.

Platform 7 of Bank platforms? I'm guessing the platforms are numbered
r.e. the station and not the line?