Old October 4th 07, 02:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
elyob elyob is offline

Default The Drain is s***

On Oct 4, 3:31 pm, elyob wrote:
On Oct 4, 11:39 am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

"elyob" wrote in message

roups.com...

While I'm at it, why do they only use one platform at the Bank end,
and why can't the ticket inspectors open the gate for "paper ticket"
customers to escape?

Are they the customers who have a paper travelcard in a plastic wallet and
can't be ar**ed to remove it to pass it through the ticket gate. I think a
few of them come from Basingstoke...

Paul

I keep my ticket in my wallet and have been buying weeklys, but I do
take the ticket out for the machines!

I just decided to "upgrade" to a monthly Oyster trqavelcard, the first
time I've bought a travelcard on Oyster. A quick question .. if I
don't touch out at Waterloo, having touched in at Bank, there is no
fine or anything is there? Same with National Rail, if the gates at
home are wide open, so I still have to touch out?

Thanks

No worries, just did a deeper search of this group and noticed an
earlier answer ....

" Strictly speaking for Travelcard holders on Oyster you don't have to
touch in and out everywhere *where your ticket is valid*. It does
become
important to touch in and out if you intend to use the PAYG facility
(yes it's still there on your card alongside your travelcard ticket)
auto extend on LU (DLR doesn't count as your ticket zones covers all
of
DLR). The gates will be unable to calculate the extension fare to be
deducted if you do not record entry and exit. "