Old October 4th 07, 04:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
thoss thoss is offline

Default Crossrail noes fail

At 15:15:36 on Wed, 3 Oct 2007 Tom Anderson opined:-

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007, Offramp wrote:

On Oct 2, 9:59 pm, Tom Anderson wrote:

Construction will start two years before the Olympics?

I can foresee that in 2011 (like the JLE in 1998/9) the papers will
start to say, 'Why isn't this thing ready? It's meant to be ready for
the 2012 Olympics!?' Then the Gov will throw squillions of pounds at it
and it'll open in May 2012.

Except the government have never said it'll be ready for the Olympics. A
lot of people seem to think that's the plan, but they're generally the
same people who think Hackney is getting a tube line, ie the uninformed.
If a hue and cry is raised, the government can quite truthfully say that
it can't be delivered before the Olympics, it never could have been, and
they never said it would be.

Indeed. I seem to remember that, when London was awarded the Olympics,
it was stated that Crossrail was planned to open in 2013.
--
Thoss
E-mail address usenetatamoladdotorgdotuk