Old October 5th 07, 09:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Crossrail noes fail

On 5 Oct, 10:06, Paul Corfield wrote:

This link

http://www.crossrail.co.uk/80256B090053AF4C/Files/informationround/$F...

gives an overview of the timetable proposals. Looks like 24 tph over
the central section at peak times with pretty frequent services to the
east. I'm less convinced about turning 14 tph at Paddington but hey at
least the thing is going to be built.

Turning 14tph at Paddington will only be necessary if they don't
extend the wires to Reading (because if they do, then XR trains can
take over all slow-lines GW services). Since the Reading resignalling
should be long-since complete by the time XR is open to Maidenhead,
I'll be amazed if the wires aren't extended more or less
immediately...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org