Old October 5th 07, 01:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Am I the only person who likes Bendy Buses

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 08:21:37PM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 21:18 +0100 (BST), (Colin
Rosenstiel) wrote:
Another important factor debunking the claim that bendies have greater
capacity. Routemasters have 64 or 72 (RMLs) seats.

If you could call them that, as they were very narrow and to a very
tight pitch.

My impression is that seats on the Bendies are just as narrow, plus there's
the problem that some of them have pointless plastic bits on the edge by
the aisle and so you can't sit two normal people next to each other there,
thus wasting a seat. The two seats in question can, at best, fit one
normal person and a very small person with some degree of comfort.

I'm 6'3" and could sit in *any* seat on a Routemaster with my knees in
front of me. Can't do that in several seats on all the more modern
buses. So either you're wrong about the seat pitch, or the shape of the
RM seat backs is designed to better suit the available space. It's
probably the latter.

--
David Cantrell | Minister for Arbitrary Justice

For every vengeance, there is an equal and opposite revengeance.
-- Cartoon Law X