Old October 6th 07, 02:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Am I the only person who likes Bendy Buses

On Oct 6, 12:46 pm, " wrote:
On Oct 6, 11:25?am, Tom Anderson wrote:

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Paul G wrote:
In message . com,
" writes
That would be a fair point except that bendy buses carry a damn site
more people than a double decker.

Not within the same amount of road space they don't! Which is just my
point!

Am I the only one who is suddenly thinking of a double decker bendy
bus?! [1]

Nope! It's been done:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoplan_Jumbocruiser

Here it is on the mean streets of San Andreas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAk_FgOJ6W4

There are apparently also superbendies, with two joints:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Articul...iculated_buses

For God's sake don't mention this to Peter Hendy-Bendy, C.B.E. at
T.F.L. - he'll be wanting one that's multi-jointed and actually as
long as Oxford Street: thus killing the fuel cost and staff costs at
one stroke!

And then you could just walk through the bus in less time than it
takes a current bus to drive down Oxford Street. Oh hang on ...