Old October 7th 07, 02:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Am I the only person who likes Bendy Buses

On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 14:21:56 +0100, David Cantrell
wrote:

I'm 6'3" and could sit in *any* seat on a Routemaster with my knees in
front of me. Can't do that in several seats on all the more modern
buses. So either you're wrong about the seat pitch, or the shape of the
RM seat backs is designed to better suit the available space. It's
probably the latter.

There is a difference in seatback design - bus benches are thinner,
but the angle of the RM seats made it a problem. Whether one fits or
not isn't just to do with the pitch, but also to do with relative
upper/lower leg length and body/leg length. I'm only an inch taller
than you but I couldn't fit any of them.

The normal seats on the bendy are not generous, but there are quite a
number of side-facing and front-facing-back sets that I do fit in!
But then on a bendy I am more likely to choose to stand, as the
standing room is far more effective and unlike on other buses not in
the way of anything.

Neil

--
Neil Williams