Old October 8th 07, 06:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Oyster validators on Silverlink

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 10:13:12 -0700, MIG
wrote:

I've seen a driver leave people in the rain at two in the morning when
a machine wasn't working.

I'm sure I remember hearing that they actually *can't* sell tickets
when in the central fare stages. Thus, what they're meant to do is
give you a free lift to the next stop and wait for you while buying a
ticket.

As for the railway, penalty and Standard Fare policies can only be
enforced where there is a means of buying a ticket. If the ticket
machine is not working, you can buy a discounted ticket on board or at
your destination. If they aren't following this rule, complain...

Neil

--
Neil Williams