Old October 8th 07, 10:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
[email protected] bowroaduk@yahoo.com is offline

Default Oyster validators on Silverlink

Last week I was at Hackney Wick station - no ticket office, touch-
screen ticket machines turned off both sides, no permit to travel/
fiddle machine. So I boarded the 14:5X EB train, no conductor-guard on
board checking/selling tickets, thence I merged with the LU system at
Stratford where I was valid and carried on for free. How much more
revenue are they losing? Do they care? There were posters up
announcing "Silverlink engineering work" in December 2007! Eh - I
don't think so!!!