Old October 8th 07, 11:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_2_] Richard J.[_2_] is offline

Default What will become of the Heathrow Express with Crossrail?

Boltar wrote:
On Oct 6, 6:27 pm, "tim....." wrote:
They seem to have no difficulty selling an express train
in Vienna that costs twice the price and only takes 5 minutes
less than the stopper.

Presumably though that goes to somewhere useful. Paddington was a
no- other-choice option for Hex. When crossrail opens why would
anyone pay more to go to paddington when they could get a slightly
slower train and actually get much nearer to their destination?

Passengers using Terminal 5 may opt to use HEx for the whole journey
to/from Paddington, as Crossrail will not serve Terminal 5 on current
plans. Crossrail will serve T123 and T4, and HEx will serve T123 and
T5. Crossrail passengers travelling to T5 will need to change at T123
and take HEx to T5 (which will be free within the airport, as it is
currently between T123 and T4). This fact is disguised on the
Crossrail website as the route maps just show a "Heathrow Airport"
station without any indication of which terminals are served.

I rather doubt if this odd arrangement will actually be implemented in
10 years' time when Crossrail goes live.

--
Richard J.