Old October 9th 07, 11:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Scammer at Heathrow Airport Car Park

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 12:10:30AM +0100, David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:

There used to be a guy with a US accent on the metrolink trams in
Manchester who claimed he needed money for his flight 'back to Chicago.'
Slightly more worrying, there was a kid in school uniform always asking
people for money for his ticket. When I offered to buy him one, he
walked off...

There's a guy near where I live who's always asking for "help" getting
back to Brighton. I've told him several times that it's 60 miles --
that way, and he can walk it easily.

--
David Cantrell | Official London Perl Mongers Bad Influence