Old October 9th 07, 09:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Waterloo - KX post Eurostar move

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 20:16:04 +0100, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

"TimB" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 9, 6:37 pm, Richard wrote:
On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 20:13:29 +0100, Paul Corfield

wrote:
Group members may be interested to know that bus route 59 will be
extended from Euston to Kings Cross in November to provide a direct bus
link between Kings Cross and Waterloo.

As you predicted! Thanks... that will make my journeys a bit easier.

Richard.

Ha! I wrote (ok, emailed) to TfL about 6-12 months ago suggesting
exactly this, and they said it wasn't necessary or sensible and they
wouldn't be doing it. Whaddya know...

They'd probably just paid a consultancy vast amounts, so wouldn't want to
admit that a member of the public had the same idea...

To the best of my knowledge consultants are not used by TfL to design
amendments to the bus network like this. This is all done "in house".

I would guess there will be a mix of public comments, pressure from
stakeholders like Eurostar and others and also additional monies from
congestion charging that would have made this change desirable and
feasible. There is a continuing trend of service improvements right
across the bus network at present with increased frequencies, better
Sunday and Evening services and more night buses. While specific to the
Eurostar move this change is part of the general trend of improvement to
the bus network.
--
Paul C