Old October 10th 07, 05:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Shepherd's Bush WLL

On 10 Oct, 15:00, John B wrote:

Its been mentioned somewhere a few weeks ago which I can't find at the
mo, and it isn't the length, its the width, the yellow line is in the middle
of the platform...

That's slightly saner - the '18 inches of length' point as reported in
the Eye made no sense whatsoever, but I can see that adding 45cm of
width to a full-length platform could be an expensive undertaking, and
that a narrow platform might actually be dangerous (whereas a short
platform can be dealt with by SDO). In which case, somebody involved
with the design needs shot.

Yes, the Eye's railway reporting is sometimes a little confused, but I
can't quite see how they've totally fabricated this story - it seems
likely there's something in this story, and Paul Scott's comments
appear to suggest it is a platform width issue.

Is this a salutary lesson in how one should not let developers (in
this case Westfield) build stations by themselves.

I've got a horrible feeling that the thrust of the Eye piece is true,
and this is an almighty screw up of the first order.

It'd also explain the ghostly silence that has surrounded the (non)
opening of the station.