Old October 10th 07, 06:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Shepherd's Bush WLL

On 10 Oct, 15:24, "Paul Scott" wrote:
"John B" wrote in message

(snip)

That's slightly saner - the '18 inches of length' point as reported in
the Eye made no sense whatsoever, but I can see that adding 45cm of
width to a full-length platform could be an expensive undertaking, and
that a narrow platform might actually be dangerous (whereas a short
platform can be dealt with by SDO). In which case, somebody involved
with the design needs shot.

I'm not sure which is 'up' or 'down', but I'm sure its the western side
platform that is the problem. The bit where the stairs and lifts come down
is quite deep, possibly for about a coach length, but to the north of that
it is quite narrow, and the back wall is quite substantial, I wonder if it
is supporting the higher ground of the bus station?

Dave Arquati's site links to some photos, which seem to predate the
retaining wall going in:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davearq...et-72157594243...

Paul

I'm intrigued to know whether this was an error on the plans or an
error on the ground, but it would all seem to strongly suggest that
the width of the retaining wall wasn't given proper consideration.

Shepherd's Bush WLL - opening winter 2009?