Old October 12th 07, 10:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Shepherd's Bush WLL

"thoss" wrote in message
At 23:58:22 on Wed, 10 Oct 2007 John Rowland opined:-

Paul Scott wrote:
"Mr Thant" wrote in message
ups.com...

I was intrigued enough to pay a visit to the site today, and took
some photos:
http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...bush-platform-

debacle.html

Well done, a picture is worth a thousand words. My last view was from
the window of a passing Silverlink service

Always seems to me that there must be a better solution than all
these lamp standards as well, they don't exactly help the passenger
circulation. But in this case, perhaps they have too many? There
seems to be a pole every few yards, given its only a four car
platform...

It's not obvious why the posts are there at all. Wouldn't fixing the lamps
be to the wall solve the problem?

What are the regulations re the yellow line, and are they different for
National Rail and LUL? At Paddington, Platform 14 (NR) has the line 3-4
ft from the edge, whereas Platform 15 (Underground) has it 1 ft or less
from the edge.

Probably different - LU hasn't generally # had to deal with either slam
doors being
opened while the train moving, or passing HSTs, turbulence caused by passing
freights etc.

But it seems recent NR installations do have a certain standard depth of
edging, then the tactile strip, then the yellow line.

# I'm aware LU & NR share platforms here and there...

Paul