Old October 13th 07, 10:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Yipee! increased TFL staff pass validity.

On 13 Oct, 00:06, "Paul Scott" wrote:
"Richard J." wrote:

Steve Dulieu wrote:
Just in case any of those of us with TFL staff or nominee passes
missed it, an item appeared on the intranet today stating that from
SOT 11/11/07 all TFL staff and nominee passes will be valid on all
the bits of that we're nicking off Silverlink, WLL, NLL & GoBLin.
Planning my sight-seeing trip to the great wall of Shepherds Bush
even as I type:-)

What about the DC service from Euston to Watford Junction? Will your pass
be valid all the way or only to the zone 6 boundary at Hatch End?

Pass validity aside for the moment - won't there have to be a complete
rearrangement of zonal fares in that area, similar to the outer reaches of
the Metropolitan's ABC&D? Presume they can't simply move zone 6, because
Watford Junction towards London will still have West Midland & Southern
services?

I don't remember this being discussed before, but it'll have to be done
quickly, cos LU ticketing and Oyster PAYG is due there next month...

Paul S

It has been discussed before here, but quite a while back, and it was
just people speculating about what will happen.

Dare I suggest that as nothing has been heard on this front perhaps
Oyster PAYG might not be immediately extended beyond Harrow and
Wealdstone (H&W) - or if it is it won't be extended beyond Hatch End
(the last station in zone 6) - at least not yet.

It would be a bit confusing situation for passengers for Oyster PAYG
to be valid from Watford Junction only on the stopping service -
especially as Oyster PAYG is valid on both the fasts and the stoppers
between H&W and Euston - but I can see that London Midland* might not
be too happy at this loss of control and possibly revenue that might
entail from accepting Oyster PAYG on their WJ to Euston fasts.

So passengers at Watford Junction might end up with a two-tiered fare
structure. I await developments on this with interest.

-----
* London Midland being the new Govia-owned TOC that takes over the
Silverlink County (i.e. fast WCML) services from 11 November.