Old October 13th 07, 01:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Olof Lagerkvist Olof Lagerkvist is offline

Default Yipee! increased TFL staff pass validity.

Mizter T wrote:

Mr Thant wrote:

On 13 Oct, 11:58, Mizter T wrote:

Dare I suggest that as nothing has been heard on this front perhaps
Oyster PAYG might not be immediately extended beyond Harrow and
Wealdstone (H&W) - or if it is it won't be extended beyond Hatch End
(the last station in zone 6) - at least not yet.

The sample Overground tube map shows Carpender's Park to Watford
Junction as Zone A, and Oyster will definitely be accepted on
Overground services out there.

That was really just a promotional map, so I wouldn't take anything
shown on it as gospel.

Certainly, incorporating WJ (at least with regards to the London
Overground services) in zone A would make sense.

I came to think about an interesting phenomenon with travelcard prices
here. If WJ will join zone A, then Z1-6D travelcards would be accepted
there. Such Network Railcard discounted off-peak travelcards bought from
LUL ticket offices (or from NR ticket offices in zone A-D I think) cost
£4.80. Today a railcard discounted off-peak travelcard WJ to Z1-6 costs
£8.25. It would not surprise me if there will be some special
restrictions or something for using such cheap Z1-6D travelcards from/to WJ.

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451