Old October 14th 07, 06:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default What will become of the Heathrow Express with Crossrail?

"Chris" wrote in message
oups.com...

Don't forget Crossrail will start & finish in the West at Maidenhead.

Therefore another chord from the West will be needed (presumably at
Airport Junction) to take Crossrail into / out of Heathrow. It will
presumably depend on how far Oyster has been extended westward from Z6
by FGW as to whether Oyster fares will be valid? I can't see ticket
examiners managing to check all tickets between the mainline &
Heathrow, so they'll need to develop some form of plan....

Crossrail will only go to Heathrow from the east, at the modified Airport
Junction. This is covered at length in Crossrail's online resources, and
many other previous threads here.

Also, while on the subject - is everyone aware that Crossrail will
require a two week closure of Paddington while the new station there
is constructed? I understand all local services during that time will
terminate at Ealing Broadway, while only some HSTs will go to
Waterloo.

Don't you mean 'a two week closure of Paddington....' at some time during
the new station's build period, which is likely to be about 6 years all
together...

Paul S