Old October 16th 07, 03:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default The Northern Line that never was

In article . com,
Mizter T writes
Under this plan, the Northern Line would be split at Clapham Common. The
section north of there would feed into an express tube that called only
at Tooting Broadway and Brixton.

Just to clarify - you mean the whole Northern line service from points
north of Clapham Common would then be diverted into an express service
calling only at Brixton and then the terminus, Tooting Broadway -
presumably in that order, right?

Um, no. For some peculiar reason I wrote "Brixton" when I meant
"Morden".

The southern all-stops section would be
extended from Clapham Common to Victoria (with no intermediate
stations).

Missing off Vauxhall....

Correct. Presumably it wasn't seen as a significant traffic point at
that time.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: