Old October 16th 07, 09:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default One under

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:06:15 -0700, alex_t
wrote:

Does any one know details of "one under" at Holborn (Central Line)
today? Was it suicide or somebody fell from the platform?

Won't know until tomorrow when I see the Daily Report. The vast
majority of one under incidents are non suspicious and are suicide
attempts.

I was in that train and heard the screams - the first one was very
loud, which makes me think it was the jumping person...

Oh dear - not good. Never experienced that.

By the way, my best wishes to the driver! I can only imagine what
emotional state he is now. He was clearly shaken, but started
informing passengers about evacuation almost immediately, etc.

There is a good system of support for drivers who've experienced a one
under. The sentiment is appreciated though. You might wish to consider
dropping an E Mail through the customer services centre to say you
thought the driver did well in the circumstances.

P.S. Still don't understand though why Piccadilly station had to be
closed as well.

I assume you mean the Picc Line at Holborn. Standard practice to allow
the emergency services and coroner / undertakers full and unimpeded
access so they fulfill their duties.

--
Paul C