Old October 17th 07, 05:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default The Northern Line that never was

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007, Mizter T wrote:

On 16 Oct, 22:57, Tom Anderson wrote:

A Finsbury Park - Camden Town link is something that i really do feel
is missing from the current network, like the Finsbury Park - Highgate
link. You may think that this is because i live in Finsbury Park, but i
couldn't possibly comment.

Of course you've got the 29 bus, plus at least another one... looks at
spider map

True, those are actually very good routes. The 29 is absolutely hellish at
night, though. I know a tube wouldn't run all night, but if you were going
home before 0030 (and really, who can stand Camden for any longer than
that?), a tube line would be so much less crowded and more civilised.

Even a Camden - FP shuttle, operating friday to sunday evenings only,
would be a huge improvement!

I wonder if we'll ever get the Cross River Tram extended up from Camden?
That'd be nice. Make Seven Sisters Road as far as FP trams and pedestrians
only, make Tollington Road and the stub of Camden Road bidirectional again
and reroute buses that way, tram stops at Camden Road NR, Cantelowes
Gardens (?), Brecknock Road, HMP Holloway ("always remember to touch in
and break out" - but also the interchange with the bus routes on this
corridor), Nag's Head, Hornsey Road, and at a turning loop in Finsbury
Park bus station.

Of course, they have to actually build it to Camden first.

...the 253 (which, along with it's cousin the 254 are pretty interesting
routes).

Interesting is a good word to describe the 253. How many bus routes do you
know that have a concept album based on them?

http://www.christt.com/shop_253.htm
http://playlouder.com/review/+415christt/

Or a quick run down on the Vic line to High & I and change for the North
London Line to Camden Road

I think you'd have to be completely mad to try this, especially at
evenings and weekends. When Ken takes over the NLL, maybe.

tom

--
Is this chill-out music for dangerous loners?