Old October 18th 07, 06:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
lonelytraveller lonelytraveller is offline

Default Kings Cross St Pancras Northern Ticket Hall progress.

On 17 Oct, 23:04, Mr Thant
wrote:
On 15 Oct, 21:54, lonelytraveller

wrote:
I've had another look at that diagram of the new tunnels, and it seems
the new tunnel is the n-shaped one at the far end, not the one across
the middle. It seems a bit strange to dig a completely new tunnel that
you are going to abandon in a couple of years - will it have any
purpose when the new entrance opens?

I went on a quick visit to the station today, and I've drawn a sketch
of where it is:http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...-tunnel-opens-...

(Which diagram are you referring to? None I have show it)

The 3D diagram that used to be plastered over all the hoardings

also this one - http://www.constructionnow.co.uk/Lon...%20Tunnels.jpg

and the one at the end of this PDF -
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...pr07_FINAL.pdf

So, as to the new tunnel - what's it going to be used for when the
Northern ticket hall tunnels open - it seems a bit pointless with them
as well?