Old October 19th 07, 03:02 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
DaveP DaveP is offline

Default Gold Card season ticket and LT (was Annual vs monthly season tickets)

I split my travel into 2 tickets - a point to point into zone 4 and a

Of course what your ticket combination doesn't cover is travel in
zones 5 & 6 - for better or worse the rule demands that you must have

Indeed it doesn't, though the point to point ticket allows travel along the
route through those zones, and that's all I need. Like most commuters I go
same route every day and rarely travel anywhere else. If I do go out
socially it's invariably within Z1-4 anyhow, at least this way I'm not
paying for three sides of London I never use.

... discount pointless, it's cheaper to buy the thing full rate.

I suppose that's the downside of splitting your ticket.

The upside being £400 saving a year, which pays for quite a few day
travelcards without discount, overall I'm quids in, but it would be nice to
have the discount for travelcards too