Old November 4th 03, 09:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jean Jean is offline

Default Number of ticket gates at stations

Does anyone know how many ticket gates are in use at the tube
stations?
I write a study about ticketing systems in the world an need a
benchmark for capacity. At the official TfL-Site is a very good line
up of entry and exit frequencies for all stations but not for the
infratruktur. I'm interestet in the information how many gates are
needed for handle this. I mean how many gates for entry and exit are
installed in a station. At least I would be happy for any information
about the high frequence- stations (victoria, waterloo, kings x,
oxford circus, liverpool st. ...) Because I'm currenty not in London I
cand go there and simply count it, and I can't find any information of
this on the Net, so I ask here.
My second question is more simpel: How many and where are the oyster
card readers installed in the various types of busses?