Old October 19th 07, 10:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default What is the point of Cannon Street (National Rail) Station?

wrote:

That's presumably because there are still loads of trains that
terminate at London Bridge, and when you factor in the time taken to
cross the overhead bridge from platforms 8-16 to platforms 1-3, plus
wait for a Cannon Street train, then get to Cannon Street, it's
probably just as quick to walk it. I bet if all those trains that now
terminate at London Bridge went on to Cannon Street, there'd be far
fewer people walking across London Bridge itself.

Except, of course, that all of those trains that come in from what we used
to call the South Central Division (now Southern Railway) cannot get across
the formation to Cannon Street, leaving passengers from East Croydon and
stations to Caterham, Redhill, Brighton etc. with no option but to walk from
London Bridge.