Old October 21st 07, 04:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] JonH@Underthewagon.net is offline

Default Strange little cameras on gantries above the roads.

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 08:03:05 -0700, Boltar
wrote:

I've noticed recently that some odd looking cameras have started
popping up on gantries around london. I've seen them on the A406, A12
and A13 so far. They/re quite small, round and theres usually 4 or 5
of them mounted horizontally on a bar across the carraigeway. Are
these some sort of number plate recognition system?

B2003

Number plate and face recognition according to the press. A more
permanent version of the slew of unmarked white vans with things on
tripods on over bridges during the party conference season I guess.