Old October 22nd 07, 08:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london
verbena verbena is offline

Default Strange little cameras on gantries above the roads.

On Oct 22, 9:25 am, Boltar wrote:
On Oct 21, 5:53 pm, "Richard J." wrote:

I understand that most of these new cameras are in connection with the
Low Emission Zone (LEZ) to be introduced from February 2008. Details athttp://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/default.aspx

Is the LEZ the whole M25 area??

B2003

Its the whole of the London area, from Enfield to Kingston, Havering
to Hillingdon and including Bromley and Croydon. Some parts of the M4,
M25 and M11 are included, though I don't see how they can police a
vehicle passing through a small section of the M25 in its way to
somewhere else. Its worrying someone I know whose factory is just
inside the zone and he has a P-reg diesel van, which he travels to
work in each day.

Neill

Neill