Old October 23rd 07, 01:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Sir Benjamin Nunn Sir Benjamin Nunn is offline

Default The Northern Line that never was

"tim....." wrote in message

Strangley, we never ever walked to Mitcham station to change
at Wimbledon (which would have been easiest). We always
went to Croydon on the "little" train, but I must have been about
17 before I discovered that the 'other way' was a sensible route
to London.

Provided you actually caught the train! For a long time until Tramlink
replaced it, the line was operated single-track, with about one train to
Wimbledon every hour IIRC.

BTN