Old October 23rd 07, 06:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
[email protected] winston1@dsl.pipex.com is offline

Default Crossrail - House of Commons Committee report published today

On 23 Oct, 19:00, James Farrar wrote:
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 05:51:22 -0700, John B wrote:
On 23 Oct, 09:59, Mwmbwls wrote:
http://www.publications.parliament.u...ect/cmcross/23...

A detailed report of the issues considered by the committee.

Two weird things he

1)
Why are assorted Tower Hamlets-based comedians (including George
Galloway) objecting to a station at Whitechapel? I can understand why
they might object to the railway being built at all, given the noise
impact on residents, but the worst outcome of all would be the railway
built without the regeneration benefits of a station...

Oh well, at least I get to vote him out next time round [note: I live
under 100 metres from Whitechapel tube, but because I'm not mad I'd
rather take the noise in the short term and the benefits in the long
term...]

No you won't - he's taking his despicable campaigning methods to
Poplar & Blackwall next time round.http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6940517.stm- Hide quoted text -

The comments by Robert Wilson MP are very reasonable, in that he has
noted the effect on freight, probably even more serious in the Eastern
Section.
The western will be disrupted by Reading rebuilding at the same time,
the need for East West Rail and the Bicester Curve have never been
more pressing.
Richard