Old October 23rd 07, 11:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Strange Pasenger Anouncement

On Oct 23, 10:39 pm, eastender wrote:
In article ,

To Regulate The Service. If your train went off as normal, and the guy
behind took five minutes to clear the alarm, a five-minute gap would have
been introduced into the sequence of trains. Your train waiting meant that
there was one two-minute gap and one three-minute (or whatever).

What about the gap in ahead of the train?

E.

The rule is that if I am approaching the platform, the train will
leave and I'll be stuck there waiting for the delayed one, but if I am
on the train, it will be held to regulate the service. There is
probably a name for this law.