Old October 25th 07, 06:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] winstainforth@gmail.com is offline

Default Euston Station Underground upgrade a joke.

On 25 Oct, 18:20, John B wrote:
On 25 Oct, 17:57, wrote:

I was really pleased to see the removal of the bland, uninteresting,
boring late 60's tiling, and was looking forward to walking through a
station that doesn't cause clinical depression.

So was great to see the new tiling was identical to the old, nice one
tubelines.

Would it really have been so hard to make the station look just a
little bit modern.

It's in line with LU's general policy of keeping stations visually the
same unless rebuilt, in order to preserve its heritage - which is a
good one.

The 1960s feel at Euston Square is just as worthy of preservation as
the 1930s tiles at Bethnal Green and the 1900s tiles at Arsenal, IMO.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot orgwww.johnband.org

I suppose it's all down to personal opinion, after all the underground
station will probably be rebuild when they demolish the mainline
station above. I love the Tube architecture old and new
( www.tubephotos.com ) , but not anything from that era.

Rob