Old October 25th 07, 09:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Newt Dave Newt is offline

Default Euston Station Underground upgrade a joke.

Toby wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I was really pleased to see the removal of the bland, uninteresting,
boring late 60's tiling, and was looking forward to walking through a
station that doesn't cause clinical depression.

So was great to see the new tiling was identical to the old, nice one
tubelines.

Would it really have been so hard to make the station look just a
little bit modern.

Is the southbound escalator from the station concourse down to the
underground ticket hall still cordoned off? It causees severe overcrowding
in the morning peak.

Yep - pain, isn't it? Some time in November, I think the sign said.

Of course, you can always avoid that scrum and go via the entrance down
near the platforms (7&8?), but by the time you've walked over there, the
time it takes is about the same.

I go there every day from Tottenham Hale, which also now has its down
escalator closed off, so queues both ways (at least they have a second
staircase there).