Old October 25th 07, 10:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.boomerang
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Rail deserts

In message . com,
Offramp writes
On Oct 25, 6:17 pm, Tom Anderson wrote:

If a girl ever told me that she lived at Thornton Heath our
relationship ended with the full stop that ended that sentence. Apart
from the fact that the area is like a cross between Threads and The
Equalizer,

A phrase I seem to recall coining many years ago to describe my one and
only visit to Wembley Central.......

the only way to get there is by abseiling down from a
rented Zeppelin.

When I was studying in London, I stayed in Thornton Heath. The rail
service was pretty good (fantastic for a non-Londoner) and buses did
everything I needed, too. It was the pubs that put me off the area,
not the transport!
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK