Old October 26th 07, 06:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Euston Station Underground upgrade a joke.

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 15:59:51 -0700, wrote:

I dont think it's clear at this stage what will happen, but the plans
go way beyond a simple refurbishment. I have mixed feelings, I've
traveled through the station 600+ times per year since April 1994 as I
live in Tring and work in camden. I don't think it's as bad as people
make out, and I know every square inch of the structure including the
disused areas. I will miss it is turned into a shopping centre/
station.

If it was turned into a Manc Picc-a-like I wouldn't mind too much, but
it is a prime example of how Birmingham New St needn't have been crap
while still having a shopping centre over the platforms. That said, I
don't think it would have been as good for a predominantly diesel
operation.

What disused areas are there, OOI?

Neil

--