Old October 26th 07, 11:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Euston Station Underground upgrade a joke.

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 26, 11:34 am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"Neil Williams" wrote in message

What disused areas are there, OOI?

As built there was a huge area (5 acres) above the platforms which was
designed for night use by parcels traffic, needless to say when built it
coincided with the decline of this sort of business. One of the rail
mags
raised the possibilty of its use for night goods deliveries for London
shops, didn't seem to likely to me though. I wonder if there is any scope
for letting more light through?

Railways archive has a brochure from the opening:

http://www.railwaysarchive.co.uk/doc...Euston1968.pdf

The deck will be demolished and replaced with a shopping centre, we
will find out what the plans will be hopfully in the next 12 months.

The disused areas are discussed in this thread.
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.tr...4c8131f7c0fe39

I thought Neil meant disused areas of the mainline station, I can't see
disused tunnels caused by various alterations of the deep level stations
being relevant to a shopping centre above the mainline concourse?

Paul