Old October 29th 07, 10:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
DaveP DaveP is offline

Default Drayton park old tunnels

I am blissfully unaware of the matchday situation above ground at
Finsbury Park for fans heading north on FCC, though I'm led to believe
it's not ideal. I'll endeavour to head up there after a match in the
near future.

It's awful, both coming into London prior to matches and getting away
after, and that's for me travelling to/from work, not even going to the
matches! The trains are only 4 car and have no room to join when they stop
at Potters Bar going south from about midday on match saturdays, the same
going north in the reverse direction. It's almost impossible to get off if
you're too far towards the end of the train The specials are all stops
so those from "outer" stations use the fasts instead.

I've brought this up with FCC a couple of times - usual response "we put
extra trains on" and "we cannot predict customer flow as many customers
have flexible tickets". They must be aware of the reality of it though.

It sucks - I drive to work at weekends now or when going in socially on
match days which is a waste - I have an annual ticket paid for already.

Cheers,
Dave