Old October 31st 07, 01:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default South London Paying for Thameslink?

On Oct 31, 12:53 pm, Paul Terry wrote:
In message .com, MIG
writes

Is this a case of the article mistakenly referring to Crossrail when
they meant Thameslink,

It is about "a £16bn project to build a new rail link through central
London, connecting Maidenhead and Heathrow in the west to Essex and Kent
in the east". So I don't think its simply a case of saying Crossrail
when they meant Thameslink.

Well, it's just possible that having picked the wrong project they
then Googled the name they had picked on.

or is it a misunderstanding about funds being
diverted rather than routes encroaching?

I suspect the latter. But its sloppy journalism.

It is more plausible indeed, because I can't work out how any project
involves new railway builds that would encroach on tram routes in
Crystal Palace.