Old October 31st 07, 02:12 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
roadrunner roadrunner is offline

Default A10 crossroads with Carterhatch Lane

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 03:13:35 -0000, "John Rowland"
wrote:

Conor wrote:
In article , John Rowland
says...
The traffic lights here have three (traffic) phases:
1) turn right from the main road
2) forward or left from the main road
3) forward, left or right from the minor road
...in that order. Every other junction which I know has these three
phases has them in the opposite order.

Does anyone know why this junction is different?

I guess you don't go very far. I know of several sets OTTOMH within 12
miles that work the same.

Thanks. Can you think of anything else those junctions have in common which
might explain it?

You will be waiting a long time for him to name several within 12
miles; he is prone to exaggeration. Also "Can you think" is a bit of
a long shot.

OOMA would have been more accurate than OTTOMH