Old October 31st 07, 11:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ernst S Blofeld Ernst S Blofeld is offline

Default "Bus [Saver] ticket scammer escapes jail"

Mizter T wrote:

I guess that one way to counter this fraud would be for TfL to threaten
to expel shops from the Ticket Stop scheme should they be caught selling

forged Saver
tickets, which is such an obvious suggestion I wouldn't be surprised
if they've already done just that.

I would have though the obvious suggestion would have been to apply the
full weight of the law and send everyone involved in the scheme to
prison. In these perverse, pseudo-liberal times however, punishing
criminal acts is frowned upon and fraud is 'victimless', so why bother?
Just give them 100 hours community service and let them enjoy the
proceeds of their criminal undertakings. They obviously earned it.

ESB